North India Trip - Trivandrum - Agra

I started planning atleast one month before. Since my vacation is limited, my intention was to limit number of places to visit. My initial plan was to visit Delhi-Agra-Pathankot-Dharamshala-Amritsar and back.  But the time frame to cover all these places exceeded my allowable days. So I droped this initial Idea, and reframed the tour. My wife was so particular that she wants to avoid as much as possible by road. Himachal and Agra visit avoiding the road was highly impossible.
To meet my wifes requirement, I redrawn my plan which suited my wife also, as this avoided road travel by almost half.
So we finally decided to take the following route.
Trivandrum-AGRA-Kalka-Shimla-Manali-Rohthag pass-Delhi – Trivandrum. This route allowed me to travel by train. After getting approval from my other half, we approached Alhind travels to book for our holidays.
Day  1 – 12/08/2013
Trivandrum – Agra
We left Trivandrum by 12625 Kerala Express leaving TVC on August 12th 2013. The  three days in the train, was really relaxing, from my hectic schedule of Qatar. It was raining all the way, and was a real treat for my eyes. The last time I travelled to Delhi was in 2002. So it was almost after 12 years I am covering the entire length of my country. Also I got opportunity to show my kids the diversity of India. The first day of the run was almost through the south india, covering keral a and Tamilnadu. I was awake up to Erode to take the hot milk. The train was hauled by WAP4 of Erode. Only bad about my journey was the seat, which  we got was next to the toilet. The frequent opening of the door disturbed our sleep. 

All set to Go

Enjoying the journey



Day 2
Morning when I woke up we were at Guntur in the state of Andhra Pradesh. I was explaining my kids about this state. The break fast was loaded from this station. I was more particular to see the Krishna river, especially the truss bridge which fascinated me from the child hood days. Hearing about the Krishna river, kids were verymuch anxious to see this bridge. I took my camera and leaned from the door to get a full view of this mighty river and civil engineering marverl, the great Krishna Bridge. We crossed this bridge, and reached Vijayawada the busiest station in the Delhi – Chennai sector. We reached Vijayawada ahead of schedule and train received a very good wash, including disinfection of toilets and coaches. We brought Guava fruits from the platform. Another favourite, vijaya butter milk was available at platform. My wife is very much fond of Aaam peda. But I could not find a single shop selling this product. I almost walked 10 coaches away to get a handful of Peda . Thanks to vestibule I was not worried of missing the train I stored almost 10 packs for my journey. We left Vijayawada after 20 mints stoppage. We moved further covering Warangal, Ramagundam, sirpur kagaz nagar. We crossed Godavari near Sirpurkagaz nagar. It was almost raining all the way. This stretch brought in to my mind the accident happened to Dakshin express when the flash flood, overturned this train some where near mancherial. By evening we entered Maharashtra, through Balarshah. The sewagram express was parked at platform No 1 and we entered platform No 2. This station is famous for the raw ground nut, and I brought some packets of ground nut. We left balarsha after few minutes and continued our journey through Maharashtra. Balarsha is having a base kitchen from where night dinner was loaded. We crossed Sevagram and reached Nagpur around evening 9 o clock. It was raining heavely and I managed to get some Haldiram products the town is famous for. I wanted to show my son the narrow gauge train, but it was too dark for him to find a  narrow gauge train. We left Nagpur after 20 minutes break. We crossed Madhyapradesh capital Bhopal in the midnight. The train reached maximum speed after Bhopal, and I could able to record my train crossing 90 Km mark. The route from Bhopal to Newdelhi is one of the fastest track of Indian railway, where Bhopal shadabdhi clocks around 120 Kmph .
Day -3
When I woke up in the morning, we were nearing Jhansi. We had fairly long halt at this station. Mangla express from Ernakulam was already waiting at nearby Platform. The train attenders of both the trains exchanged greetings, as both the train belongs to Trivandrum Division of Southern Railway. Mangla express left ahead of us and we waited further till Puri – Haridwar express occupied the platform vacated by Mangla express.
We left Jhansi and picked up the speed as we traverse across the State of Madhya Pradesh. Next stoppage for us was the princely city of Gwalior. Gwalior station looks like a palace. This station was famous when Late Madhava rao Sindya was the Railway minister. He was credited for the introduction of Shatabdhi Express. You can see the magnificent Gwalior fort after we cross this Junction. Now it was the turn of famous Chambal forest to welcome  us. Chambal forest was once famous for notorious bandit Phoolan Devi, who turned  to a polititian.
 Finally we reached Agra Cantonement station, our final destination ahead of scheduled arrival. We were held at the outersignal waiting for the Mangala Express to clear the platform. Finally our train was received in the platform No 3. On our arrival, we were surrounded by the porters. Since this platform got ramp, we decided to pull our luggage Ourself. We came out of the station, and was greeted by our driver, who welcomed us to the City of TAJ.

To be continued

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oman dubai border crossing

Journey from Muscat to Salalah

LITTLE TOWN OF TUNDLA