Journey to Trivandrum


Finally the day has reached when I got the approval for holiday back home in India. As I was thrilled to see my near and dear, and ofcourse my home town trivandrum.

This time I booked my flight through Air India. surprisingly this is the last flight of airindia from Dubai to Trivandrum, as it was later replaced by air india Express. As a result, this is my last chance to browse through the airport terminal 1, in dubai, as airindia express leaves from terminal 2 which is not as big as terminal 1.

My flight scheduled departure was at 13.45. However I decided to reach early so that I can do some shopping in Dubai Duty free, as well as I can plane fann for few hours in the airport.

My cousin dropped me at 10.30 in the airport. After finishing my emigration formality, I reached duty free shop. I bought some chocolates and later went straight to the viewing gallery of the airport, where I can have a detailed fanning of different airlines.

I reached the boarding gate where the display shows the Airindia Trivandrum. I finished my security check and decided to fan other aircrafts movement inside the airport. I could catch, gulf air, oman air, and Kenyan air, besides the parked British airways, and of course the Emirates.

Finally the nations proud, Pampa reached our gate. She was late by half an hour. However she set herself quickly for her return journey. She is Airbus A310 and looks little bit old.



I could see the captain entering the aircraft, signalling that she is ready for her return journey. as the announcement came, I entered the aircraft. Though my seat was not a window seat, some how I managed to get a window, seat, so that I can see the whole airport





At 14.30, announcement came that we are ready to depart. We just followed the tarmac, where few planes were in que, and finally we got signal to take off.

The take off was very smooth, and we cruised through the skies of dubai, sharjah, and she picked her altitute. Flying past the oman, and we reached the arabian sea, and flying time over the sea was around 3 hours. In this journey for the first time I came across, another flight crossing us, and surprisingly, it is the Jet airways flight going to Dubai from Mumbai.

Lunch were served in side the flight and I felt tired, and slept for few hours, when the announcement came that we will be reaching Trivandrum in few minutes. As I opened my window, I could see my small tiny lights, from the fishing boat, indicating that we are nearing the trivandrum. The flight took a 90 degree turn near the kovalam beach, before it landed safely in the trivandrum international airport. I was greeted by sms from airtel, idea, and bsnl, welcoming etisalat subscriber to India.

After finishing the customs and emigration, I came out of the airport where I was greeted by my family.

Comments

SouthAfrica said…
Glad that somebody blogged about the last flight of Air India from Dubai to Trivandrum. Have linked to your post from our Dubai - Thiruvananthapuram webpage. Keep up the blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Oman dubai border crossing

Journey from Muscat to Salalah

LITTLE TOWN OF TUNDLA